Rhin

Rhin

Merchant of Venice (Arden Shakespeare: Third)
John Drakakis, William Shakespeare
The Assassin and the Princess
Sarah J. Maas
The Maze Runner - James Dashner I don't know goodreads, I honestly don't know.

I'm probably not the best judge of this book. I hate gory stuff and reading about how all these kids dies gave me the goosebumps. It made me frightened to even think about it, and as each picture flared through my brain I felt myself sinking deeper and deeper into a state of disgust. Yes, disgust.

They were just kids. Just small kids. How could anybody do that to them? How could anybody with just a little teeny tiny bit of humanity in him/herself do that to children? I honestly don't understand it. And that may just be my biggest problem - I don't understand how. That's probably the big question we are left with - how are these children supposed to battle the flare?

I know a lot of people have had problems with not getting enough questions answered until the end. I never felt that way. I felt that we got a lot of answers all the way throughout the book - sometimes just by Thomas' actions, his thoughts, his feelings, other times by the other gladers. What I don't understand though, is why everything had to be kept secret? Why they all just couldn't tell them what happened? Introduce each new kid, say 'This is this, this is that, it may sound awful and it kinda is, but that's just it', instead of just… not telling them anything.

I don't know what I think about the people. I never really liked any of them but I never really disliked any of them either. It was just… kind of weird. I guess I liked the book, but somehow I didn't. I will read the next one, but only because I'm still left with questions that I need answered.